What if my ex-spouse is delinquent in alimony payments. What can I do in Florida?

If your spouse is delinquent in his or her alimony payments, you must file inaction for contempt and/or enforcement. The court will look at the existing order. You need to present evidence of the payments that were made and the payments that should have been made. If, in fact, the former spouse had the ability to make those payments and chose not to, he or she should be held in contempt of court, and the agreement will be enforced if it is a valid agreement for spousal support.