I got married to my same-sex partner in a different state. How do I get divorced in Florida?

If you and your same-sex partner married in a different state, the filing requirements in Florida are the same irrespective. You have to have resided in Florida for at least six months prior to the filing of the dissolution of marriage. If you want the court to address any other issue other than the dissolution of the bonds of matrimony, your soon-to-be former spouse must be under the jurisdiction of the court. If your former spouse is not under the jurisdiction of the court, the court will not be able to adjudicate equitable distribution, support issues, or children's issues.