What should I do if the noncustodial parent moves away?

If the non-custodial parent moves away and that parent has been exercising time-sharing, then that parent has to file a petition for relocation. The current statute requires a parent who is moving and had been exercising time-sharing to seek a relocation order even if that parent does not intend to take the minor child with him or her.