My spouse just asked for a divorce. What do I do first in Florida?

If by asking for a divorce, you mean that your spouse has filed for divorce, you have 20 days after you have been served with divorce papers to file an answer to the action. You should seek the counsel of an experienced family law practitioner to guide you through the dissolution practice. I also suggest that you interview more than one family law practitioner so that you are able to make an informed decision as to who will represent you during this difficult time.